Friday, March 23, 2007

Yo Soy Rebelde...

De veras, yo he estado pensando de escribir mis blogs en espanol, pero no quiero ofender mis amigos que no lo hablan... y tambien, no tengo un 'keyboard' con las llaves correctas para escribir en espanol sin un millon de 'typos'. Asi, me quedo escribiendo en ingles. Que aburrido...

So I'm still on my global warming rant. I'm reminded, however, why I don't rant normally. Rants solve nothing, and rarely fail to gain the attention they seek to drum up. Love solves a lot more, and while that sounds lame and hippie-like, I maintain that it's true. Love is what motivates us to look beyond our selfishness, and it's the only thing that does beyond simple self-preservation. I hate to disagree with Hugh Grant, when he said in Love Actually that love is all around... but it's not as 'around' as I'd like it to be. Not real love anyway. Affection, romance, sure... but genuine love? I think that's different, and I'm not trying to be cynical. Says the girl who's sitting here happily listening to 'fuera' by rebelde.... a fun song with lots of energy about a girl basically saying 'forget you' to the guy who hurt her. There are days I still need to remind myself that things worked out for the best.

One day, not soon, but one day, I'll find my latin dancing, soccer playing, trilingual guy who is into medicine, reading, spanish music, independant films, organic food, saving the planet and most of all mission work. I didn't say christian, because for me that's a given... I wouldn't be happy with someone who didn't share my faith. It's funny that I have to sit myself down and say 'no, when it's right... he'll want to spend time with you, he'll put you first, and he'll work for you... and you'll be able to be a good girlfriend in return, yes, you'll actually be able to talk to him and he will not only think you're good enough for him, but he'll think you're wonderful'. Things are definitely healing though.

Also in the life of Ashley, reports are in that she survived her first MR AIIII!!!! Um, if you didn't get the joke, maybe it would help to explain that I'm extraordinarily chlaustrophobic. :) Get it now? Sorry kids, if you don't get it, I can't help... I was a little twitchy at first and the pharmacy filled my prescription wrong (scary) but they got some minor sedatives in me and I survived the very tight space that is the inside of the machine. Eeep. Actually, it wasn't that bad once I was in there, but I'm not exactly volunteering to jump back in any time soon.

This one is short because I don't have a whole lot to say...
The official update: my grandmother turned 84, I've read 14 books so far this year, soy un afan de rbd, I got into nursing school, saw Brian and Ashley at the beach, finished draft one of novel # 2, had first MRI, and am anxiously awaiting the beach trip next week.

"Ya no quiero seguir hablando del pasado.
Fuera... ya no te extraño
- no quiero verte nunca aquí a mi lado.
Fuera... ya no te amo
- no necesito mas de ti y halagos.
Fuera... que me haces daño
- mejor cortemos por la paz y en sano.
Voy a cerrar, que ya me estas cansando.
No llames ni me busques mas...
No me estas desesperandono...
Me dejas vivir...
Ya no te soporto me estoy enojando.
Ya no quiero seguirhablando del pasado."
- partes de "Fuera", por RBD

1 comment:

Gone Country said...

Ahem...I will be seeing you TOMORROW!!! :)