Again, I say, my computer died, and hence I have not been posting. I've also been busy taking my nursing entrance exam, going to church at night (this week is revival, so we have church every night), working on little projects, taking care of my family, and taking care of my own health. I've also been doing a lot of writing, which has been a very enjoyable way to spend my sleepless nights. Next week I'm having my first ever MRI, to see if I've torn my shoulder, and that's also been taking up time with doctor's apts, etc. I'll be really thankful if they actually DO find a tear, because at least that will make SENSE and it can at last be treated! :)
It's a funny thing this blog. I'm using it to keep friends updated, but the things that matter are often personal. How do you describe the growth of your heart in words? Daily, in a constant uphill journey, my heart seeks a closer walk with it's creator. God constantly challenges me. I feel like every day I ask myself 'do you really trust God? are you really seeking Him?' Of course I can't compare my love for my God with His love for me, that's be ridiculous... my love is shallow and inadequet in comparison. The beautiful part about it is... He first loved me, and wanted a relationship with me, and gave me the CHOICE to come after Him or not. There was no force about it, no guilt, not any of the things people often associate with religion. Case in point, faith and religion are different animals much of the time. The coolest discovery lately has been one that I've been making gradually... in loving Him more I become more capable of loving others and forgiving others. Forgiving people who have hurt me, for example, becomes immenently more easy when I trust God with my hurt. In fact, once I finally stopped pouting, the healing happened much more quickly, and for that I'm thankful. I deal with pain and hard circumstances better than I have in the past. It's a beautiful freedom.
Next time I post... hopefully I will have more to say! Brian and Ashley are visiting this week, I'm working diligently on Melissa's fabulous birthdya present AND in two short weeks I'll be headed up to beautiful Nag's Head with some of my very favorite people. Life is simple, life is sweet.
"So I pray... bring me joy, bring me peace, bring the chance to be free, bring me anything that brings you glory. And I know there'll be days when this life brings me pain but if that's what it takes to praise you, Jesus bring the rain..." - Mercy Me
Sunday, March 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment