Where does each day go? I've heard it said that time is like sand, if you try to hold onto it, it just slides through your fingers even faster. And you can never go back... every single thing about my life is changing and it's awfully hard to keep up. I don't want to complain, and I'm choosing not to. It's a difficult transition period, and I'm not sure why the twenties don't come with a warning label that says 'difficult time period of your life: you may feel unsettled, anxious, depressed, detached, lonely, and confused' It's funny, I have friends in Korea, the UAE, Chile, China... and that sounds so exotic in comparison with Supply, but it's not. Not really. Okay well, the UAE might be slightly moreso... but in reality, for the person who's there, it isn't that exciting. He's bored, and I think he's lonely. So it's beautiful, so what? It's not exciting to him because he's used to it. It would only be exciting to me because I've never been there. I still haven't really learned to be content in all circumstances, but I am starting a new thing where I think daily about what I'm grateful for...
I'm still doing a lot of internal work and sometimes I think there are levels of introspection that become genuinely unhealthy. I think I've possibly surpassed those. But time's a flyin' and there's no going back... and life will never be the same as it was two months ago, or two years ago, or 8 years ago... although I waste a lot of time wishing I could go back.
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment