Yes, three days - three measly little days until I go to SC to be elf-trained i.e. until I learn to shoot a bow & arrow. If only I was blonde I could possibly pass for Legolas' sister when I'm done. More than that, however, this marks three days until I assume my role as Unit Leader at Camp MV in the lovely mountainous piedmont. I'm a little nervous, but a passage in Mark inspired me to be less nervous. It's Mark 14:9, where Jesus commends a woman for her tiny and simple (yet huge) act of faith. He promises her (and keeps that promise!!) that for her faith she will be remembered forever, even though all she did was reach out to touch the hem of Jesus' robe because she had faith in His ability to heal. She recognized He was God and could heal, and she reached out. It's a beautiful reminder of the only thing God requires of us in order to begin the healing process in our hearts - we reach out with genuine hearts. I've also been encouraged by Isaiah 30:18 "The Lord longs to be gracious to you; He rises to show you compassion." My God is a loving God, a patient God, and a compassionate God... no fear here.
"I refuse to believe we're a dying breed. Children of peace, hope and harmony, ordinary folks, extraordinary love. We complicate something so basic but once you taste it you're gonna chase it like me... this ain't no ordinary love!" - Tobymac
Thursday, May 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
1st- You would not look like Legolas's sister, you would look like Legolas
2nd- On your quote, a t-shirt response:
"Smokers... a dying breed"
truly
Post a Comment